Our 3-Stage Plastic Thermoforming Process
At Joslyn Manufacturing, our team brings a creative and collaborative approach to the production of thermoformed plastic parts for a wide range of industries. Using our proven methods and experience – along with your vision – we create the appropriate tooling and fixtures to bring your products to life on time and on budget.
We combine industry expertise, innovative solutions and customer collaboration in our 3-stage plastic thermoforming process.
How We Do It
This is the getting-to-know-you stage of the project. You conceive the idea, and we help you refine it. Together, we’ll develop an efficient, effective plan to turn your concept into a successful thermoformed plastic part. In this stage, we:
- Explore all aspects of your ideal product.
- Communicate extensively with you to ensure we’ve uncovered every detail and requirement to factor into your thermoforming solution.
- Recommend thermoform tooling, forming technologies and materials to enhance the nature of your product.
- Collaborate with you on product design by using our in-house CAD capabilities.
Send CAD files to us through FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and our engineering team will review them and discuss any potential problem areas with you. If needed, we can even modify designs to prevent challenges before tooling begins.
- Discover the best way to bring your vision to life while accommodating your cost and time constraints.
This is where we bring your thermoformed plastic part to life. Once we have design approval, it’s time to start on tooling. If you're still unsure about the final design, we can create prototype tooling to get rough samples in your hands. If needed, we can easily adjust tooling until prototypes reflect the precise product you expect.
After samples are approved, we build your products by vacuum forming or pressure forming plastic sheet materials. Our production process ensures the outcomes are to spec. We perform each step with precision, down to the trimming and secondary operations, such as assembly.
We set up your purchasing and supply chain operations for success by ensuring:
- Quality, down to the detail: Our quality-control methods ensure that your high standards are upheld every step of the way, from the time the plastic sheet is received, to the time your finished product is shipped. This includes the assembly and components added during our secondary operations. The final results will be just what you expected and exactly what your engineering department approved.
- Timely shipping: Our operating efficiencies prepare your products for market quickly. And our fulfillment programs, such as just-in-time (JIT) delivery and blanket/release shipping, get them there on time.
- Inventory management: We can help keep your products in stock and respond to customer demand with our vendor-managed inventory (VMI) programs.
- Responsive, timely communication: We will respond quickly to your queries and requests and do everything we can to satisfy your thermoforming needs.
For more than 70 years, we have developed reliable, standardized procedures to ensure top-quality plastic products. Our established methods are proven, whether you need to produce a traditional item or something cutting-edge. Contact us today to learn more about our 3-stage plastic thermoforming process.