Heavy-Gauge Thermoforming for the Transportation Industry
Heavy-gauge thermoforming is perfect for heavy truck components, including the ones we produce, such as:
- Seating parts
- Exterior Components
- Bed liners
- Floor mats
Our state-of-the-art technology includes an array of heavy-gauge
Materials Commonly Used in Heavy-Gauge Thermoforming
There is a wide range of thermoforming resins – and even more combinations – to provide the right properties for your heavy-gauge plastic formed product.
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene): A high-strength, impact-resistant resin, ABS and ABS blends are used in the production of many control panels and automotive components.
- HIPS (high-impact polystyrene): This easy-to-process, low-cost resin is FDA-compliant and used in many POP applications that require excellent forming characteristics.
- PC/ABS (polycarbonate/ABS blend): This UL-approved alloy is extremely resistant to impact.
- HDPE (high-density polyethylene): Used in truck bed liners, pallets, tanks and more, HDPE is a cost-effective material with a high resistance to chemicals, impact
- TPO (thermoplastic olefin): Often used in automotive component applications, TPO is strong and rigid with a high resistance to chemicals.
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)/Acrylic: This resin meets most stringent UL standards for flammability and can be made in a variety of colors and textures.